Saturday 4 February 2012

Birthday Wishes

Today's post is a card that kind of evolved as I tried a couple of things and when they didn't work out, I had to come up with something else to compensate....but I won't tell you what those errors were....:-))

I started with the Simply Sent Elegance set from SU! that already had that beautiful lace detail along the bottom.  I added the new pleated ribbon that I just LOVE from the the Occasions Mini, some baker's twine in red, the silver butterfly ornament and the "friends" tag which is just stamped using Tiny Tags and the jewellry tag punch.  Birthday Wishes was stamped on a separate piece of Very Vanilla paper and the corners were punched using a ticket punch.  Buttons with baker's twine, and of course some bling, round it out! 

Here is the inside which allows you to see the pretty paper through the lace:



Enjoy!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Think Big Favourites (PTI), Tiny Tags (SU!)
Paper:  DSP from SU! (retired)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (SU!)
Tools:  jewellry tag punch (SU!), Snail, dimensionals (SU!)
Other:  bakers twine (PTI), buttons (SU!),  butterfly & pearls (Dollarama)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I'm still in shock that you have a blog though...who are you, and what have you done with my sister?!?

    ReplyDelete