Sunday 5 February 2012

Merci for Habs Fans

As most of you know, I spent much of the summer last year in French training - a necessary evil - but was lucky enough to go to a great school.  When I left, I made several thank you cards for the wonderful people who helped me succeed.  This week I will share the cards that I made and feel free to CASE away!

I am starting with this one as there happened to be a game on today and I am quite proud of the way this first one turned out.   I made it for a friend who is a huge Habs fan (poor thing...:-)) 

I started out using a linen impression plate on the base as I wanted it to look like the material of a hockey jersey - it is hard to tell in the picture but it looked quite realistic in real life!  Then I just proceeded to layer the colours in accordance with the jersey using a die from PTI.  I added the large black brads on either side to mimic pucks and of course the little signature bling, even though the card was for a guy...:-))

Really simple, but a great impact and a nice masculine card which is always a challenge to design....

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Really Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White (SU!)
Stamps:  Thing Big Favourites (PTI)
Ink:  Really Red (SU!)
Other:  Linen impression plate (PTI), Big Shot, brads, Snail (SU!), rhinestone (Dollarama), paper piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment