Saturday 18 February 2012

Merci from La Belle Provence

Wow, I just realized how long it has been since I posted - my apologies!  I promise to rectify that in the future.

Let's start today with another thank you card for another friend from language training.  He is a very, very, VERY proud Quebecer so I knew I wanted to create something that celebrated that.   I came across a fleur de lis embossing folder and some fleur de lis brads in a clearance bin at Michaels and I knew exactly what I was going to do!  Here it is!


It was actually quite simple.  I ran the blue cardstock through the Big Shot with the embossing folder, cut it into four squares and adhered them to each corner.  I actually had to paint the brads white as they were originally gold and silver but hey - it has to be authentic!  I then just stamped the "Merci" on white cardstock and punched it, as well as the blue, out and adhered.  All done and so very much the recipient....:-)

Supplies:

Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink:  Brilliant Blue
Other:  Embossing folder (Sizzix), brads (Michaels), sentiment (PTI), rhinestones (Dollarama), Big Shot, punch, adhesive, dimenstionals (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment