Saturday 18 February 2012

Two More Thank You's

Hi all!  Can you feel that spring is in the air?!  I love, love that the winter has been so mild and have my fingers crossed that it just keeps getting better....:-)

I have the last two thank you cards for you from my language training.  These were done for women so they have a much more feminine touch to them.  Again, each one was customized for the recipient and reflected something they had shared.

This first one is very much out of my comfort zone but I wanted to design something that reflected a very sweet story my teacher had told me about a dream she had had about a house with a large tree in front and plants from her native Madagascar.  Here is what I came up with:


I must have nailed it as she actually teared up when she saw it.  I used wood veneer for the fence (using a fence die) and felt for the clouds.  I was actually very pleased with the result!

The next card reflects my other teacher's love of everything pink!  In fact I gave it to her along with a small, pink, ice cream maker as a thank you - she was my one constant through the whole summer and when you spend that much time with someone, you grow very fond of them!  I actually miss her alot!


I started this one off with some SU! patterned paper, and then trimmed out the doily from other patterned paper.  Some ribbons, buttons, embossing powder and bling, and I had a card that was totally her!  I love the monochramatic yet glittery theme to this one.

I hope you have been inspired today!!

Supplies:
Garden Theme Card:
Paper:  White, Pear Pizzazz (SU!)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Dusty Durango, Pear Pizzazz (SU!)
Stamps:  Sentiment, tree, bamboo stalk, grass (PTI)
Other:  fence die, cloud dies, leaf ribbon, felt (PTI), wood veneer, punch, Snail, dimensionals (SU!)

Pink Extravaganza:
Paper:  Melon Mambo, designer series paper (SU!)
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Stamps:  Sentiment (PTI)
Other:  buttons, doily, oval punch, embossing powder, heat gun, Snail, dimensionals (SU!), frame die (PTI), rhinestones (Dollarama)

2 comments: